The Colorado AIDS Education and Training Center (CAETC) is based at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus and has been providing HIV education and capacity building support for health care providers statewide for over 25 years.
The CAETC works closely with many local partners, including the Colorado Community-Based Dental Partnership Program, the Denver Prevention Training Center, the Interprofessional Education Program at the University of Colorado College of Nursing, and the Rocky Mountain Association of Nurses in AIDS Care.
The program offers a number of educational services and programs dealing with HIV infection, including HIV treatment updates held at various locations statewide. We provide training on all aspects of HIV including:
- HIV testing
- Linkage to care
- Diagnosis and clinical management of HIV
- Antiretroviral treatment
- Pre/post exposure prophylaxis
- Retention in care
- HIV care coordination
- Health care organization and delivery issues
Special projects include:
- CDC’s Expanded HIV Testing Initiative – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has designated Colorado as an expanded testing jurisdiction due to documented epidemic impact and burden. As part of this initiative, the CAETC provides targeted training and technical assistance on HIV testing.
- Practice Transformation Project – As part of the AETC initiative to strengthen the HIV workforce and to improve outcomes along the HIV continuum, the Colorado AETC is working with selected clinics to build capacity in providing quality HIV care.
- Customized clinical training
- Education programs on a broad range of HIV topics
- Capacity building assistance
- Practice transformation coaching
- Clinical consultation
- Workforce education
- Technical assistance
- Educational and resource materials
To learn more about current learning opportunities, download the brochure here or contact the office.