Department of Health (DOH), in partnership with Public Health - Seattle & King County (PHSKC), are issuing updated syphilis screening guidelines for WA State.
Based at the University of Washington School of Medicine Division of Allergy & Infectious Diseases, the Washington AIDS Education and Training Center (WA AETC) program is located on the campus of Harborview Medical Center.
The WA AETC works with clinical, non-clinical, and allied health staff at public and private health facilities, local health departments and districts, community-based organizations, and behavioral health providers throughout the state to deliver innovative education, training, clinical consultation, and technical assistance to improve access to care and outcomes along the HIV care continuum for people who are living with or are at risk for acquiring HIV.
Our goal is to provide healthcare professionals the necessary tools to address the whole person health care needs of their patients and clients.
- Capacity Building Assistance
- Clinical Consultation
- Customized Clinical Training
- Education programs on a broad range of HIV topics
- Lectures and conferences, including:
- Monthly AIDS Clinical Conference
- HIV Clinical Update for Nurses Conference
- HIV in the Correctional Setting Conference
- Practice Transformation Coaching
- Technical Assistance
- Web-based Trainings
- Workforce Development Support